- This event has passed.
Carolinas Climate Resilience Conference
September 12, 2016 @ 1:00 pm - September 14, 2016 @ 1:30 pm
Why a Climate Resilience Conference?
The impacts of current climate variability and the evidence of climate change are continuing to grow and with it our understanding of the challenges we face in adapting to those changes. Building resilience — the ability to adjust easily to or recover from a stress or change — is an important step in preparing to successfully address current and future pressures. The Carolinas Climate Resilience Conference seeks to assist by providing a platform to share experience and knowledge of opportunities, tools, resources, local initiatives, and expertise.
- Support on-the-ground climate resilience efforts by providing managers and regional experts with an opportunity to share lessons learned and discuss resources and tools for incorporating climate information into their work.
- Contribute to the development of a climate information network for the Carolinas.
- Provide a venue for practitioners, resource people, and researchers to share information about current activities, plans, and opportunities for collaboration.
Sessions are designed to facilitate interaction, training, collaboration and discussion around topics including:
- Updates about climate science and available resources
- Communicating about climate in the Carolinas
- Mainstreaming climate into ongoing activities
- Case studies of local adaptation efforts underway
- Climate connections with public health, tourism, recreation, natural resources, hazards management, water management, and other sectors
Interactive presentations and audience discussion will improve understanding of our regional climate as well as information, services, and tools available to stakeholders and decision makers in the region.
Climate tool demonstrations will provide an opportunity for a hands-on experience to learn from tool developers and ask questions of users. Illustrated presentations are a twist on the traditional poster session and will provide time for one-on-one discussion.