- This event has passed.
Piedmont Bioregional Festival–The Ecozoic Shift : An Earth For All Beings
May 30, 2014 @ 7:00 pm - June 1, 2014 @ 12:00 pm
Renewing a tradition that began in the 1980s under the leadership of Jim Berry and his Center for Reflection on the Second Law.
Center for Ecozoic Societies
Center for Reflection on the Second Law
Pickards Mountain Eco-Institute
Piedmont Bioregional Institute
Join together to begin anew the Piedmont Bioregional Festival to ignite heart, mind and body in care and celebration of Earth and all living beings.
Anne Marie Dalton, PhD, St. Mary’s University, Nova Scotia
Dennis O’Hara, DC, ND, PhD, St. Michael’s College, Toronot University
Friday Evening – 5:30 PM Registration; 7:00 PM Music, Introduce Speakers, Recognize Sponsors and Nonprofits with Tables, Berry Festival.
- Soul Time/Linear Time (Carolyn Toben)
- Earth, Movement, Breath Continuum (Sabine Mead)
- Earth Literacy, Thomas Berry and Public Schools (Randy Senzig)
- Backyard Hens/Beekeeping (Natalie Sadler/Anne Berry)
Noon to 1:00 PM Lunch; 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM Dennis O’Hara, “Healing and Earth,” and tentatively these workshops:
- Turning Ecozoic Perspectives into Practical Action (Nelson Stover)
- Nature Walk and The New Piedmont Almanac (Dave Cook)
- Use of Black Soldier Fly Larvae to Up-Cycle Domestic Organic Waste (John Mattox)
- Yoga and Dance (Sinead Corrigan)
5:30 to 6:30 PM Dinner, 6:30 to 8:00 PM Panel discussion “The Legacy of Thomas Berry” (Anne Marie Dalton, Dennis O’Hara and Herman Greene); 8:00 to 9:00 PM Fire Circle and Remembering Ancestors.
Sunday Morning – 7:30 AM Breakfast, 8:30 to 10:00 AM Final Thoughts and Discussion (Anne Marie Dalton and Dennis O’Hara), 11:00 AM to Noon, Ceremony Commemorating Thomas Berry on the Fifth Anniversary of His Death.
Full weekend and meals – $125; Full weekend, meals and lodging – $185; Friday night only $20; Saturday only and meals $85; Sunday morning only $20.
Leave a Reply