Did you know…
- On average, each calorie of food on your plate requires 7-10 calories of energy from fossil fuel to get there
- Until 1840, US food production depended almost entirely on renewable energy sources including labor
- El Nino is a natural model for climate change and explains 15-35% of crop yield variability – climate change will affect crop yields negatively at the global level
- Agriculture and forestry are responsible for 1/3 of all greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions globally
- GHG emissions from agriculture include carbon dioxide (CO2), methane, and nitrous oxide with CO2 being the lowest component and least potent GHG
Download this free guide to learn much more!