- This event has passed.
Inclusive Climate Adaptation and Resilience Building Pre-Conference Workshop
September 12, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am$25
True resilience can only be achieved and sustained when all communities are involved.
The impacts of climate variability and change affect everyone, but they disproportionately affect socially vulnerable populations.The Inclusive Climate Adaptation and Resilience Building Pre-Conference Workshop will support participants in preparing vulnerable or marginalized communities for climate related impacts. Speakers will share proven examples of inclusive programs and adaptation models that empower communities to face climate challenges.
- Enhanced understanding of climate-related impacts within the broader spectrum of challenges faced by vulnerable populations in the Carolinas
- Identified action steps that climate professionals and communities can use to incorporate considerations for relevant impacts to vulnerable populations in their work
- Examples of inclusive stakeholder engagement strategies
- Jacqui Patterson, NAACP Environmental and Climate Justice Program
- Ronnie Bell, Maya Angelou Center for Health Equity at Wake Forest & Chair of the Indian Health Board representing the Lumbee Tribe in NC
- And others!